Hey All! So once again this week I wanted to try something new, I’ve all these ingredients for a while just not the chicken. So thus recipe is yet again a Pinterest recipe pinned from “Or So She Says” blog. I thought about this recipe and was super nervous to try it, but it truly smells delightful when it comes out of the oven. Of course all recipes are made for modification However I followed this to the exact as it’s a new recipe.
2 Chicken breasts (I only used two, on her blog she uses about 6, so I cut mine up to fill in my baking pan)
1/4 cup of milk
1/4 cup of butter or 4 tbsps
1 can of cream of chicken soup
7 layers of cheese (original recipe calls for Swiss, I used pepperjack it’s all I had)
1 box of chicken stuffing
1. Cut chicken into small pieces, if desired and lay them in bottom of baking dish (2qt works for small meal)
2. Layer cheese across the tops of the chicken
3. Mix the cream of chicken and milk together
4. spread that mixture over top of the cheese layers
5. Cover that layer with the chicken stuffing
6. Melt the butter and drizzle it over top of the stuffing to help moisten it and prevent burning
*bake for about 45-60 minutes at 350°
For this recipe I did not do as the original recipe it says to layer it over rice or noodles. I don’t eat rice hardly ever. So instead I put together an original favorite I came up with from ingredients in my kitchen when I first moved in with my husband. I made sweet potato slices, baked them in the oven and sprinkled Feta cheese on top, drizzled with 1 tbsp of butter. We mix this up a lot! And it’s always so delish it’s a non-stop fave in this house! I even remember letting Gared, my husband top the sweet potato slices once and he had 2 different cheeses, lots of butter and lots of salt. Not so nutritious anymore, but a lot of fun to enjoy eating it because he took time to do it! If you have any questions or comments leave them for me to read!
Happy Cooking Y’all!
Katie H. 💜